OPEN CALL RULES
Please read these rules carefully before submitting your work for consideration. The guidelines will assist you in completing the online entry form, and you will be asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions before you submit an entry. By making a payment for your entry, you have accepted the Terms and Conditions.
- The Solo Art Fair Open Call is open to any type visual artist, working in any medium, context or geographical location that can show their work in a booth art fair setting.
- Solo Art Fair reserves the right to make a determination on which artwork fits the above criteria.
- The Entry fee is $100 and is paid upon completion of Submission Form – Part 1.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Only one entry per artist is permitted. Each artist should upload three to six works for entry unless the artist is submitting an installation proposal, where only one uploaded image is required.
- To submit work to the Solo Art Fair, you must be registered for an Orangenius Account. (Orangenius is free to join.).
- Your submission is not complete until you have finished the steps described in the Entry Steps section below and have completed Submission Form Part 2.
- You must be a living artist to submit work.
- Only individual artists can enter. For Artist Residencies that wish to submit multiple artists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries may have been created at any time during an artist’s career.
- Entries cannot be submitted by Orangenius or Solo Art Fair staff, nor can work commissioned by Orangenius or Solo Art Fair be submitted.
- If a work submitted was created by more than one person, the submission must be from a primary creator and the contestant must have permission from other creators to submit the work.
- The works submitted should be representative of the work the artist intends to present at the fair. However, the booth may hold more works depending on size and types of work the artist is submitting. Selected artists will work with SOLO Art Fair consultants to help decide on a fair catalog of works.
- Each submitted work must be a unique work. Multiple images of the same work are not considered unique works.
- After completing Submission Form – Part 1, you will receive your coupon for a 6-month free Orangenius Pro account.
- SOLO Art Fair suggests that artists upload images large enough for the judges to see the detail necessary to judge technical skill. However, the largest size available is 2000px wide by 960px high. Anything larger will be downsized to that size.
- The formats that can be uploaded are “.jpg”, “.jpeg”, “.png”, “.gif”, “.bmp.” Animated GIFs are also accepted.
Solo Art Fair not only wants to see an artist’s work, but additionally understand who they are, and the inspiration and processes behind their practice. Our submission process has three important steps to understand an artist’s profile and consider them for submission.
Please follow the steps outlined below:
1. FILL OUT SUBMISSION FORM – PART 1
- The $100 entry fee entitles each artist to one submission.
- Artists who apply will receive a confirmation email that will include a one-time code for a free Orangenius Pro account for 6 months. A Pro account is not required to submit to the open call. This coupon expires on August 1, 2018.
2. SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES
- To apply to the fair, artists must be an Orangenius member. Please register for a free Orangenius
- Artists must provide an email address and location to sign into Orangenius or log in through their Facebook profile.
- After completion of this step, artists will immediately receive an email with a confirmation link. Artists should check their junk folder if the email does not arrive.
- Once the email is received, click on the link in the email to go back to Orangenius and log in.
- Orangenius does not have access to personal passwords. If a password needs to be retrieved. click the “Reset Password” function on the sign in page which will generate a “Reset Password” email and new password.
- Submit the following for each submission:
- An Artist Statement (in the Orangenius Bio)
- Three to six works for consideration per application including a title, short description, category, materials used, and artwork’s dimensions.
- Artwork can be uploaded by clicking the “Add Artwork” button in the Orangenius Artwork Area.
- To add detail information, click the edit button on each work to enter edit mode.
- You will need to create a portfolio of your submitted works so that entries can easily be reviewed by our judges.
- Create a portfolio by going to the artwork area (click the “Artwork” menu item), choose your submitted works by clicking the checkbox on each thumbnail and then click the “Create Portfolio” button.
- A single “Installation” entry does not require a portfolio.
- The link to your portfolio will be entered on Submission Form – Part 2.
3. COMPLETE YOUR SUBMISSION
- When your submission is ready for review, submit your Portfolio URL using Submission Form – Part 2. (For a single “Installation” entry, please submit the Installation’s URL.)
- You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have received your entry.
- If you wish to submit additional images of the same work for consideration, they should be added as alternate images on the Artwork Detail Page for that work. (Pro feature only). Additional Images are not required for submission.
Selected Solo Art Fair Exhibitors
- 80 accepted artists will be awarded the following:
- An 8-feet deep booth that ranges in width from 12-20ft, with three, 12-feet high hard walls painted white for hanging. Booths will be equipped with LED lighting setup for the fair.
- 6 Month free Orangenius Pro Membership (value $54).
- “Solo Art Fair Exhibitor” badge on their Orangenius profile and priority placement in Orangenius Search.
- A direct link to their profile on the Orangenius Search Page.
- Solo Art Fair and Orangenius will not be responsible for costs of shipping, insurance, accommodations or any other expense incurred upon being selected for the Solo Art Fair.
- All accepted artists into the fair will be included in an Awards announcement, which will appear on Artrepreneur, as well as on Orangenius and Solo social media and newsletter platforms.
FINALISTS -Thirty additional finalists will be selected and featured in publications, social media, and other marketing avenues available through our partners.
- Every Applicant who applies to the fair receives a 6-month free Orangenius Pro Membership (valued $54). Pro Membership provides the extra powerful features to help an artist’s work stand out. To learn more about Pro benefits, go to Orangenius.com.
- Artists will receive their coupon code by email after they have filled out Submission Form – Part 1.
- Exhibitors are non-transferable.
- It is a condition of entering the Solo Art Fair open call that Orangenius is granted a license to reproduce selected work in the awards publication and any other print or digital material for the purposes of promoting the open call.
ADVERTISING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
- An art fair cannot be successful without serious buyers. In collaboration with partner organizations and an NYC-based public relations team, Solo Art Fair has developed a marketing plan designed to promote the fair and its selected artists throughout the coming year. The plan includes a mix of print advertising in a variety of national magazines, digital marketing campaigns in online art forums, a strategic social media campaign, and selected press coverage in a variety of mediums. Solo Art Fair will also directly market to their own database of over 42,000 art fair attendees and collectors generated from dozens of art fairs held over the past decade.
- Artists selected for exhibition will additionally receive sales and marketing support with Orangenius ART360, an augmented/virtual reality tool that creates a 3D interactive version of the fair. Viewers who can’t attend the fair will be able to virtually ‘walk’ through the fair, (VR equipment is not required), and see each work in high-resolution as if they were actually there. ART360 integrates with the Orangenius so each work in the ART360 links to its page on Orangenius where viewers can learn more about the work or buy it. Solo Art Fair exhibitor will be able to embed the ART360 to their websites, post it to social media or add it to other online platforms. Learn more on our ART360 Page.
- Every applicant will have the opportunity to sell their artwork through the Orangenius Marketplace at only a fraction of the cost of other online art marketplaces. You can add any work to the Orangenius Marketplace by clicking the “Sell This Artwork” button on the artwork’s detail page. For more information on selling artwork on Orangenius and opening your payment account, go to our Artwork Sellers page.
ADDITIONAL ORANGENIUS FEATURES
- Orangenius is a comprehensive platform for artists and the art community. Artists are encouraged to take advantage of features such as a comprehensive CV / resume, a marketplace to sell your work, dynamic portfolios that include details from your CV resume, the ability to add alternate images of your work, portfolio reviews with Experts in the field (coming soon) and much more. To learn more about these features, please see the Orangenius Features Page.
- Call for Entries deadline: June 15, 2018
- Shortlisting for early entries: May 15, 2018
- Notification of Shortlisting: June 1, 2018
- Winners Announced: July 9, 2018
Solo Art Fair will review the submission to ensure that the rules for submission have been followed. We will endeavor to contact entrants with deficient submissions, however, the responsibility for proper submission lies with the applicant.
- Jurors tasked with selecting the winning artists are independent parties. Neither Orangenius nor Solo Art Fair will play a role in the selection process.
- The judging criteria for finalist works include:
- Strong use of creative ideas
- Excellent technical skills
- A compelling narrative of the artist and their work
- We reserve the right not to present an award if the submissions are deemed to be of poor quality.
- Accepted artists will be contacted by email or phone.
- Solo Art Fair will provide a wrapping station onsite for all sold artwork removed during the fair. Shipping of sold artwork is the sole responsibility of the individual artist. Display pedestals and other materials or items required by an exhibiting artist to execute their booth design is also the artists’ responsibility.
- Applicants agree that their submissions may be used by Orangenius or Solo Art Fair for the promotion of the competition, publications, or other materials including but not limited to press coverage, postcards, posters, ads partner social media, website, and e-newsletters. The applicant thus grants Orangenius and Solo Art Fair a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce and distribute the entry for twelve months.
- Any use of the entries in a manner not related to this open call requires permission from the rights holder of the work.
- THE ENTRANT WARRANTS (GUARANTEES) THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUBMIT WORK, THAT THE IMAGE IS ORIGINAL AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF ANY OTHER PARTY. THE CONTESTANT WILL INDEMNIFY AND KEEP ORANGENIUS, INC. INDEMNIFIED AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, SUITS, PROCEEDINGS, LOSSES AND COSTS (INCLUDING ANY LEGAL COSTS OR REASONABLE EXPENSES PROPERLY INCURRED AND ANY COMPENSATION, COSTS AND DISBURSEMENTS PAID BY THE AOI ON THE ADVICE OF THE AOI’S LEGAL ADVISERS TO COMPROMISE OR SETTLE ANY CLAIM) ARISING FROM OR AS A CONSEQUENCE OF ANY BREACH OR ALLEGED BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.